Arriving by Air
Syracuse Hancock International Airport provides service from 6 major airline carriers and 8 regional carriers, providing more than 60 arrivals and departures every day.
Airports with direct flights to Hancock International Airport:
Washington-Reagan (US Airways)
Toronto (Air Canada)
NY Laguardia (US Airways)
Chicago (United and American)
Boston (US Airways)
Charlotte (US Airways)
Philadelphia (US Airways)
NYC JFK (JetBlue and Delta)
Arriving by Train or Bus
Located just a short distance from Syracuse University, the William F. Walsh Regional Transportation Center is serviced by Amtrak and Greyhound Trailways. Convenient metro transit services to all community destinations are provided from the Transportation center by CENTRO. Local taxi service is also available for guests.
Traveling by Automobile
Syracuse is located at the intersection of Upstate New York’s most traveled interstate highways, I-81, and I-90 (NYS Thruway).
Driving directions to Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel:
From Hancock International Airport:
- Take Interstate 81 South to Exit 18 (Adams Street). Bear left and go to the 2nd light. Turn left on East Adams. At the 4th light turn right on University Avenue. The hotel is 2 blocks on the left.
- The average cab fare to the hotel is $28 USD
- Distance from the hotel: 5 miles
From New York City
- Take Route 17 to Binghamton. Take I-81 North to Syracuse and then take Exit 18 (Harrison/Adams Street). Turn right on East Adams Street. Go to the 4th traffic light and turn right onto University Avenue. Hotel is two blocks on the left.
From the East
- Take Interstate 90 to Exit 34A. Take 481 South to 690 West to the Teall Avenue Exit. Turn left onto Teall and go to the 2nd light. Turn right onto Erie Boulevard East and then left onto University Avenue. Go for 7 blocks and the hotel will be on the left.
From the West
- Take Interstate 90 East to Exit 39. Take 690 East to 81 South and take Exit 18 (Adams Street). Follow the signs to Adams Street and then turn left onto Adams. At the 4th light, turn right onto University Avenue. The hotel will be on the left.
From the South
- Take 81 North to Exit 18 (Harrison/Adams Street). Turn right onto East Adams Street. Go to the 4th traffic light and turn right onto University Avenue. Hotel is two blocks down on the left.